Image & Form games have been known for releasing their games on Mac typically on day one release, with SteamWorld Dig 2 it’s no different. The original SteamWorld was a hit on Mac and SteamWorld Heist had outstanding reviews on Steam and I expect no different from SWD2.
SteamWorld Dig 2 is a platforming adventure where your main goal is to dig your way through many worlds and visit the terrors above and below. It’s currently $19.99 on Steam, which is a stealer price for a brand new game. It’s also not a very demanding game so you’ll be able to pretty much play it on any Mac from 2008 or higher (This may vary). If you’re not sure if your Mac can run look below for the minimum and recommended system specs.
- OS: 10.7 (Lion)
- Processor: 2 GHz
- Memory: 1024 MB RAM
- Graphics: OpenGL 2.1-compatible, 512 MB video memory, framebuffer object support. E.g. Intel HD 4600 or better.
- Storage: 350 MB available space
- Additional Notes: You may need to update your graphics drivers for OpenGL 2.1 support.
- Processor: 2 GHz dual-core
- Graphics: Geforce GTX 660 / Radeon 7870 or better.
I haven’t got my hands on SteamWorld Dig 2 just yet to see how well it plays in a native macOS environment just yet, so I cannot say how it performs. Other Image & Form’s games ran really well on macOS so I would assume this one runs really great too, though I’ll just have to see. If you want to see a bit more about this game and see what it’s all about, check out this official launch trailer below.
Can’t see the video? Click here!